More woes for M$.....darn!

chemistry_geek

Registered
Slashdot has an article here:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/22/2129229&mode=thread

referring to a Washington Post article here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20310-2002Jan22.html
that AOL Time Warner is suing Micro$oft for antitrust damages to the Netscape internet browser. Since Billy Boy was found guilty of anticompetitive practices, AOL is owed THREE TIMES the damages incurred by M$. I can see this antitrust litigation being dragged out for the long term just as the corporate vultures nit-pick M$ and weaken it just before the kill. Now would not be a good time to hold stock in Microsoft. It's stock will really take a plunge if this keeps happening and larger or more companies jump on board this antitrust suit. Even though I personally don't hold stock in MSFT, some of my mutual funds do. I hope the fund managers dump it before it gets too low. Can you imagine the legal fees that Billy Boy has incurred? They must be OUTRAGEOUS.

FLAME AWAY

ok, i'll try again. the power went out about half way thru the first time. :(

not much to flame here but somebody should really avoid mutuals that include companies that endanger the environment;)

i just wish the original netscape owners had been able to hang on and be the ones to collect all that money. They deserved it. While i am not a fan of aol (calm understatement), i can't complain about them getting their money from m$. beats robbing it from my family and friends. and nobody else deserves to pay up as much. (ok, i am sure there are other companies that need to pay for their damages, but m$ is a good place to start)

i will feel no sorrow for all the fortunes lost as m$ comes tumbling down. sometimes karma is the best replacement for a conscience.

Well Ed:

I suppose you've gotten the sense from many of my posts that I REALLY don't like Microsoft. It makes one decent product: Office, and that's all, and they over charge for it. I would like to see it weakened significantly because of its corporate attitude towards its competitors and customers. DEATH TO M$. Sure, AOL isn't my favorite ISP either, but I don't use AOL as an ISP, I only use Netscape and AOL Instant Messenger, and that's as close to AOL as I'd like to be. At least AOL appears friendly in the public's eye, not some group of over aggressive troglodytes pretending to be successful businessmen. Almost every couple of weeks I read in the news or on Slashdot that M$ is getting stronger, or that the new UNIVERSAL CD copy protection scheme will play in Wintel computers, but not Macs. Pisses me off to no end. Ireally hope the DoJ goes after M$ and when finished, goes afte Universal. Universal as does the rest of the music industry, receives a certain percentage of the profit from the sale of RECORDABLE CD's as compensation for music piracy. Legally, Universal can't collect on that and prevent me from making copies of my own music, but that's the topic of another thread.

How about Apple coming up with a secure MP3 so that the music industry can't cry about "Well, MS was our only choice" when they get sued as well. OS X could easily manage MP3's in the way that they imagine at root level.

Also, MP3 or QuickTime both beat the dog poo out of proprietary MS media. If the record industry might want to not go tumbling down with MS, then maybe just maybe they would considering including Apple in their plans to secure everything.

Back