Most Frustrating Things OSX, imo.

One Sick Puppy

Registered
I'm getting used to most of the frustranting things that come from migrating from Windows to Mac, but there is one thing that I'm finding is the most frustrating - the trackpad/mouse controls. Specifically, the lack thereof.

I found an article that describes these limitations in detail - far better than I can.

http://lowendmac.com/tf/010216.html

I just don't understand how something as simple as this could be overlooked, especially considering that Windows-based systems have had adjustments for these preferences for a long time.

I used a Windows-based laptop recently, and it was so much nicer to navigate the pointer with it's trackpad sensitivity/acceleration vs. my iBook.

Apart from that, my iBook is a chick-magnet at school.

While the track pad is small and limited, you could use a mouse using one of your usb ports.

After reading some other forums, I did find that Sidetrack software so I will try that. Also, many users are noting that it just takes some getting used to, indeed I do feel myself getting used to it, but more so in the "getting poked with a sharp stick" kind of way. :)

As far as using a mouse, I have tried several and while I did find some that worked well, I find it incovenient to have to lug a mouse around with me at school, let alone devote more deskspace to that when it is already so limited in a classroom.

Thank you for the help! I will try Sidetrack when I get home!

as a "switcher" myself, I can tell you that sidetrack will make ALL the difference.
gives you the ability to "left' CLICK with a tap of the pad, hot corners, scrolling, etc.

it's the best

Back