Motorola CEO - sour grapes

brianleahy

Colonel Panic
Somebody is feeling a little testy toward Apple...

"Screw the nano," said Zander. "What the hell does the nano do? Who listens to 1,000 songs? People are going to want devices that do more than just play music, something that can be seen in many other countries with more advanced mobile phone networks and savvy users," he said.

I don't suppose this has anything to do with good nano sales and poor cell phone sales?

Full article

Sounds like a baby whining because it's toy wasn't the best on the block.

What he doesn't understand that sure, not everyone listens to 1000 songs, but the space is there for other uses such as a portable file drive or what have you. I guess his thinking should basically answer why the ROKR hasn't taken off as much as it should have. Steve threw him a bone, and now he's complaining that the bone isn't big enough. :rolleyes:

Yep, Motorola screwed up.

They should have arranged a duo launch of the Black Nano and the Black RAZR.

Who wants a brick that plays . . . gasp . . . 100 tunes?

Attachments

• blackrazr.jpg
    blackrazr.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
The article also repeats that this is not an exclusive deal and that other mobile phone manufacturers could step in. We all know Sony is not going to let SonyEricsson's phones connect to iTunes rather than Sony Connect, but I'd say there's at least five or six mobile phone makers out there that could create a better iTunes phone.

And here my complaint with the nano is that it can't hold enough music. One of us is clearly talking/thinking out of our ass, and I'm pretty sure it's not me. ;)

Yes, there are many more advanced things in other countries. Come out with products that advanced, and then you can berate the iPod because it — *gasp* — only plays music. Until then, you really shouldn't talk, because the choices are A) An iPod that can store and play a crapload of music, or B) A phone that can store and play a little music. They're hardly even competitors, really.

I can't tell you how unimpressed I am with the capabilities of cell phones in America.

Back