Motorola iTunes Phone Thread

i feel sick! who designed it? what a rush job!

Why does'nt Apple create an iPhone that syncs with iTunes music store and .mac etc?

probably for a similar reason they don't make a multi-button mouse. because no-one knows why.

i want a stylish, intuitive, attractive, powerful phone.

(my last was powerful, but not enough for it's feature set - it was, at the time, the most powerful phone ever, with it being 266mhz. but in everyday use, it felt slower than any phone i've ever used.)

Somone should start a petition. Not that it would really help us. The motorola phone ruins the whole Apple image and branding. Is apple really that scared to jump into moto/mobile territory?

It's Motorola's phone, of course. Can't really ruin Apple's image and branding... And there are those who are used to Moto's phone designs and happen to like them. Those won't mind the addition of iTunes.

This could just be a prototype, of course. A petition would be a bit over the top, to be honest. It's a lot easier to show companies how much you dislike their products by simply not buying them.

Last I heard Apple has been activeley working with motorola for almost a year now and in fact the razr phone was a joint coperative effort of apples designers and motorolas guys. So, Tomorrow will be a special day in everyones hearts... someone let the bat out of the bag to early sir john.

Today, in a Swiss "SMS-Guide" booklet, I've seen the E790 mentioned. The picture looked _very_ similar (also pearl-white) but without the iTunes button. The text for the phone mentioned it would be available in July 2005 and one specialty was "compatibility with Apple I-Tunes" (sic!). I guess an announcement can't be too far away.

the V3 is hideous IMO. yes, it's thin, but it compromises virtually every other aspect of the phone's aesthetics doing this. it's overly wide, and that 'blob' is disgraceful. the mirrored keypad is tacky, and there's tiny buttons on the side of the thinnest phone in the world!? if Jonothan Ive had a hand in that, i'll eat my hat (and i have dreadlocks, so my hats are manky)

This will be best on the V6 Pebl -

its strange that a few months Motorola had a flash presentation of the fone - but its now vanished... but if you google the name you can find images of it...

its a great looking motofone...

The PEBL's just a rounder Moto flip-cover phone. Nothing to do with either the E790 or iTunes as far as I can see...

well thats the thing - i get the feeling that the E790 is being used a test machine - or that we'll see a revamped E790.

when it launched it'll need to be launched in a big way- not on a fone that's pretty darn bland and 'normal'.

the Pebl actually uses a totally new way of 'flipping' open - its a smooth self-flip' motion - sure its rounder - buts it has innovation in its design and form - more of a 'wow' factor when released...

Hm. While I agree that the E790 isn't the greatest phone (see first post...), I don't think they'd release a 'test machine'. Dunno. And as I said, the Blob, erh, Pebl, is not an iTunes-enabled phone according to all available information, whereas the E790 _is_. The icon in iTunes _also_ looks like a normal candybar design.

the pebl hasnt been released - so i guess info about itunes on it would be scarce - bit i can imagine that of the new phones that they say they will be releasing with itunes on - its got to be one of them.

also - i think those icons are bound to be fairly generic for now - until there are more of these moto/itunes fones on the market.

It'd be amusing to have a phone with an iPod's click-wheel -- that would let you use the click wheel like the dial of an old rotary phone. ;-)

Ok is anyone else here not impressed by this? I mean an iTunes compatible phone, big deal? It sounds about as groundbreaking as podcasts....

It's not that I don't like the idea, it's just Im sick of all the hype this phone (and the podcasts) are getting, when both concepts have been out for years.

i bought the V3. it's so awful, as an OS. it shows what a difference an OS makes - it'd be a bloody fantastic phone if it had Nokia's series 40 installed instead. are there any even partly usable 'nixes for phones yet? i would seriously consider doing that to it. physically, i can't fault the phone

adding itunes wouldn't make any difference to it, other than taking ages booting the iTunes Java applet up, and adding yet another OS inconsistency to it. it might raise the overall quality of the phone by just being there though. no, just kidding. as it stands, the V3 has 5.4mb of memory.

yes MB.

it's like 3 floppys.

or 2 mp3's

Yeah, I looked at the V3, but I had my V600 at the time, and didn't expect to see a change in the OS. I was right. So I got the Sony Ericsson P910i, which is good. I love it. I currently have a 512mb card in it, along with 64mb built in. It's huge, but still... it's brilliant. I love the stylus, and get this - IT HAS LEMMINGS!!! It's good.

EDIT: Take a look at the Sharp GX15. Video capture... and... get this... 1.8 MB!!!

Not wanting to be a troll but I find it totally uninspiring, am I the only one who just wants a phone to be a phone? (To me the rest seems like junk to make people keep buying and producing yet more waste.)

I agree completely. I'm pretty close to going sans-mobile at the moment, as my T610 now has a dead battery that won't hold a charge, and in the two months I've been going without a mobile phone because I'm too busy to get it fixed, I've actually found life in general to be better, not worse. I think I might even fix it up and sell it as I just can't be bothered carrying a mobile phone anymore.

I agree with that as well, I enjoy texting every once and a while, but that is the only feature that I realy enjoy.

- Xserve Ultimate 2.3Ghz 3 400GB HDD's Mac OS X Server (Office Use Only)

Back