Motorola V300 cellphone question

drunkmac

has a mac beyond repair
This is my new cellfone and has lots of cool features and a great digital camera built in. However, theres no bluetooth which kinda pisses me off but yeah. You can buy a USB data cable for it for like...3 bucks on ebay and I know its PC compatible. But whatabout for the mac? Im running 10.2.8 and as far as I know, Ill need USB drivers for it. Anyone have an idea if itll work or something?? Thanks.

Not sure of the phone but does it have an mmc card? If it does, store the photos there (better space management anyway) and use a card reader (quite cheap) and manually drag the pics over to your desktop. Can also e-mail them if that phone (sorry, never had a Moto) has that capability.

I'm new to the mac but i do know mobile phones!
According to Infosyncworld the V300 has Infrared. Couldn't you get a USB infrared transmittor to send files to and from the phone?
By the way Randman the V300 hasn't got MMC support so no luck there!. :(
Heres the page:
http://www.infosyncworld.com/hardware/mobilephones/specs/68.html
As for an IrDa transmittor/reciever i haven't got a clue as i'm new to the mac! :)
Good luck!

should be able to sync the motorola via USB & iSync
Apple's iSync Device List

Has anyone else used this phone w/ iSync? I am thinking of buying it but am hesitant due to the lack of To-Do compatibility (a motorola limitation apparently).

Back