mounting a file

ThailandTom

Registered
hey mac folk! I tried posting this in the 'how to' section but it did not materialize.. I need to mount this dmg file and haven't a clue how to go about doing it to be honest. I first need to decompress it and I have downloaded stufflt to do just that, but now I need to mount it and do not know how to do it :(

Anyway advice will be appreciated, thanks a lot, tom

Last edited:
Well, the step 2 is to unmount it by dragging the disk image to trash can after use. This does not remove the .dmg file, so if you have done with it, you have to drag it also to the trash can.

Well, the step 2 is to unmount it by dragging the disk image to trash can after use. This does not remove the .dmg file, so if you have done with it, you have to drag it also to the trash can.
The OP did not say anything at all about unmounting the file. We can only surmise that if had wanted to know how to unmount, then he would have asked. As he had not yet learn how to mount, unmounting was probably not high on his list of priorities.

lol, I did not realise that 'mounting' simply referred to opening the file :/ I use my laptop for just surfing the net, playing poker and graphic design so I am not booked up on too many technical terms. Thanks anyway :)

Back