mounting shared folders on Win2000

Originally posted by vanbuskirk
I am glad that that worked for you. I assume that this will fix a lot of the SMB connection problems that people have been experiencing.
Yeah, me too. This is the MAC, fer cryin' out loud, it shouldn't be this hard.

Some of the rumors sites claim that OS X 10.1.1 is supposed to improve this somewhat. I sure hope so.

I'm gonna forward some of this to MacFixit, too. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one's hit their head against this little problem.

It does work with an NT domain, both NT4 and 2000 server. I use it everyday at work. The NT servers won't see the OS X shares though. I don't think that windows personal file sharing uses SMB, plus there is no authentication.
If you ever had Dave from Thursby installed, you must uninstall it. There are still many issues to work out in X for support of SMB and the .DS_Store files, .Trashes folders that show up on the server is annoying too.
Connecting via AFP to a Win2k or NT4 server with SFM(services for Macs) or an AFP over IP connection works as well.

From 2K?

How can I see Mac drive from Win2K?

I know I can do with FTP programs but I want to see Mac hard drive like I see Win hard drive on Mac :)

Thanx in advance.

Originally posted by designer
From 2K?
I know I can do with FTP programs but I want to see Mac hard drive like I see Win hard drive on Mac :)

On product that would do this for you is DAVE (see http://www.thursby.com . I have not used the OS X version, but the Classic version worked quite well.

Back