mouse acceleration sucks

Should Mouse Acceleration be Native?

• Yes, and on by default at higher speeds

• Yes, and have a separate slider

• no, not ever, not in my universe

Results are only viewable after voting.

theed

Registered
Is there a way for me to speed up my mouse and keep acceleration off. I've noticed that at higher mouse speeds in the prefs, accelleration seems to come on by default. I hate it. It makes my mousing difficult. It slows me down by an order of magnitude as I can no longer accurately predict where my moule is gonna go.

Is there an update to tinkertool that might touch this? I should check. I hate mouse acceleration.

I hate it when I feel passionately about stuff that no one else gives a crap about. so, I'm gona agree with myself, it seems that mouse acceleration is on at higher mouse speeds, and I don't like it. It should be a separate slider with a note saying "if this confuses you, leave it at 0"

Thanks to those who did happen to read and vote, I'm gonna mod myself down now.

its like driving through snow using a default osx setup after having the mouse hack in for a few weeks.

I did it back when that thread referenced by ed came out, and it is SO much better than default... unbelievable.

Its funny that even in 10.1.2, we still don't have a control for this SO SIMPLE function... APPLE LISTEN UP....

Thanks for the reply, the link, the software, (subliminal) and all the money you guys sent to me(/subliminal) I'm gonna install and see what that does. Yeah, Apple needs to put that control in the default mouse controller so that every vendor on the face of the earth doesn't ship their own mouse driver with their mouse. True plug and play is awesome.

Back