Mouse clicks with Applescript

PGTips

Registered
Hello there, Im trying to automate a process with an application. What I'd like to do is to get Applescript to simulate a left/right mouse button click on a certain region of the screen (where a button will be). There's basically a sequence of buttons that needs to be clicked and the application sadly is written in Qt and has no Automator support :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bumping for the greater good, and also because I've managed to solve my own problem. Here's the solution for posterity's sake.

Applescript doesn't have the built-in support for reading/sending mouse-clicks in such a way. To achieve that, a plug-in is required. However, since most of the plug-ins I've found were for Mac OS 9 and don't work on OS X on Intel, I had to try something different.

In comes Automator Virtual Input. It allows you to create a work flow that involves reading mouse input and sending mouse clicks to a specific region. It's shareware but it does what I need.

With a bit of applescripting and the automator workflow, I've managed to solve my problem.

Back