Mouse in OS X

PoweMACuser

Registered
I don't know why Mac must use 1-click mouse. Mac is used for design. for ease of use, Mac should support multi-button mouse. Why Apple doesn't support multi-button mouse? the multi-button mous is out for about 10 years.

Does Mac-style=1-click=Mac?

I think it is thought-frozen action.

Any one need multi-button mouse?

I'm using a two button, and wheel, microsoft InelliEye mouse on my PowerBook, and Mac OSX DOES recognise both mouse buttons. It also supports the mouse wheel too!!

Even though I use (from time to time) the right button on wintel machines, I think it's a bit unnedded. OS X does support 2 button mice, but I guess appl is keeping the legacy of the one button mouce. Everything that can be accomplished with a two button mouse and be accomplished with a one button mouse and for most users that is enought, I think that is one more reason why apple still sells a one mutton bouse. (LOL:p)

Originally posted by NickT
I'm using a two button, and wheel, microsoft InelliEye mouse on my PowerBook, and Mac OSX DOES recognise both mouse buttons. It also supports the mouse wheel too!!

But I never be able to use my mouse under Mac OS X (I mean the system). I know that IE or Other application who support the wheel of mouse. That is because the software support multi-button but not system. System like folder under finder never support multi-button mouse. I have install driver under os9 and it works very well. The mouseware doesn't work either if you want to use wheel mouse under finder, the core of system. I don't think your system support the mouse wheel if I am right. It is the application support the mouse wheel.

Unfortunately, a lot of application developers would abuse the second mouse button. I've used UNIX machines with three mouse buttons and a lot of the interfaces are really dumb.

But on the other hand, I'm sick of control-clicking. A second mouse button makes so much more sense.

System like folder under finder never support multi-button mouse.
The OSX Finder just happens to be a Carbon app that doesn't support the scroll wheel (it supports right clicking just fine). IE and BBEdit are Carbon apps that do support the scroll wheel. All Cocoa apps support the scroll wheel, since they get it for free in the framework.

Finder is the only app I use regularly where wheel scrolling doesnt work. Now if only they would all get press-wheel scrolling to page down like in OmniWeb.

Originally posted by endian

The OSX Finder just happens to be a Carbon app that doesn't support the scroll wheel (it supports right clicking just fine). IE and BBEdit are Carbon apps that do support the scroll wheel. All Cocoa apps support the scroll wheel, since they get it for free in the framework.

Finder is the only app I use regularly where wheel scrolling doesnt work. Now if only they would all get press-wheel scrolling to page down like in OmniWeb.

Finder should be Cocoa app. It has Cocoa interface. I just thought that Apple keyboard has many control key. It seems that it use control key to modify the Event message. To us, different button should has its own utilities. And combining with the control key, it should have special function. That is the purpose of multi-button mouse.

I feel tired what I play games. I always have to put one hand to keyboard while the hand should use for other purpose.

Back