Mouse too slow

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
I have my mouse set up so that it is at its maximum speed but I still find it too slow compared with my PC. I saw somewhere before that there was something you could type into the Terminal or something to make it faster: any suggestions?

type this in terminal:
defaults write -globalDomain com.apple.mouse.scaling -float 3.0
3.0 being the speed of your choice (I have 2.3 on 15" iMac). type this in and then logout and log back in (I think only logout/login no restart required)

Racer D: one word: thanks. I feel more comfortable using my mouse with my 15" iMac, it feels responsive.

BTW, how do you know about this? Is there any way I can learn more about the Terminal?

Thanks a lot bobw. I'll look into it :). I'm 17 and been a Mac user for 12 years and I wanna learn more than what I already know (which is a hell-of-a-lot). Thanks again.

Hello, everyone.

bobw said:
Or you can use MouseZoom
Bob's suggestion is the simplest solution that I have found for my 21-inch monitor.

With the newest version, the speed is set "live" without the user having to log out before the speed increas takes effect. (MouseZoom uses the same method as Apple's Mouse system preference.)

The URL is as follows:

<http://homepage.mac.com/bhines/mousezoom.html>

I hope that this information is helpful to someone.

Thanks!

Cordially,

David

Back