Mouse

designer

Registered
Hi all, :D

Has anybody heard or know anything about 2 button mouse from Apple?

I know it's been rumor for a long time. And Apple knows that they have to make change their theory of mouse if they want to push Mac as high end machine for 3D and video market.

So, I was wondering and I just bought a mouse with trackball.

I couldn't wait anymore :(

Peace

I hope so. I'd love a three button mac mouse.

Idea. Maybe it will come out with the new servers.

Twister

I wish they stopped trying and just got Logitech to make a design that looked nice(with Apples)

Heck, their own game hardware-section recommend us to buy MS mice

Since the pre-release of Jaguar's Mouse Preference has an option to control the scrolling speed of the wheel on supported mouse, I think Apple would release a new mouse with a wheel (and of course left button) any time after Jaguar is finally released.

But the question is, the current name of Apple's mouse called Pro Mouse... I think Apple would rename it to iMouse in order to name the newer mouse with few buttons called Pro Mouse. :p

They should not bother calling it any special name! why pro mouse or "iMouse" ? Why not just call it a mouse. or the mouse ???

They can call it whatever they want to... imouse, promouse, mouse with the ball etc..

Just give me a mouse with 3 buttons(wheel). :mad:

Peace.

3 buttons? What would the third button be used for? I thought all would need and want was 2 buttons and a scroll wheel.

... I just (finally) got the Logitech MouseMan Traveller for my iBook. Wicked. It even comes with a little leather etui case and everything :)

C

Surely it's just as easy to have your hand on the key board and work the two side by side you can have as many buttoned mouse as you want then!!!!:D :D :p

Ohhh... Damn I want apple to release a mouse with a scroll wheel.

The logitech (and dare i say it) the MS mouse work fine.. but I can't bring myself to relegate my Apple pro mouse to the cupboard - it just seems wrong having a non Apple mouse plugged into my Mac..

Sigh. :(

Originally posted by aishafenton
Ohhh... Damn I want apple to release a mouse with a scroll wheel.

The logitech (and dare i say it) the MS mouse work fine.. but I can't bring myself to relegate my Apple pro mouse to the cupboard - it just seems wrong having a non Apple mouse plugged into my Mac..

Sigh. :(

Yeah, I feel that too. I have MS Scroll Wheel two button mouse. it's beige?.....beige?? It IS optical though!

Where in NZ yuo live? i've been all over. me Woman's from CHCH. i;ll be there in a few months.

Love your Avatar :)

So what's your favorite 3 or more button mouse? I'm thinking of getting a different one. Mine is not supported 100% (contour uni mouse) and i was just lookin' for ideas. I do know that i will not buy a Microsoft Mouse. No way. ;)

How about wireless? Any good ones?

Twister

I like Logitech mice/trackballs, personally.

I use a Trackman Wheel (corded trackball, but available cordless) at work.

I use a Logitech (wired) Dual Optical mouse. I LOVE it. Two lasers for really awesome tracking, a scroll wheel, two buttons on top, one very easy-to-get-to thumb button (not six thousand buttons like that MS mouse)--I programmed the thumb button for double-click. You have NO IDEA how much time that saves. I basically don't even have to move my hand to double-click something. Just glide the mouse over it and lightly push in with the thumb. It's GREAT! It also looks rather nice, too... not as good as Apple design (although the Pro Mouse never did it for me in terms of looks) but nice nonetheless.

The reason you want to have multiple buttons is, for one, that right-clicking, which can sometimes by the fastest or even the only way to accomplish certain tasks, is much more useful with two buttons. You don't have to "remember" to try control-clicking; it's just sort of an extension of your normal clicking. Scroll wheels are just GREAT, and the thumb button I find very useful to double-click with.

Extending upon Bluefusion's post, Does OS X Allow you to setup everything, to Single Click?!

On XP, i've defined everything to be activated, clicked (or whatever :D) With one simple Click!

Allowing me to Define what the other 3 buttons and Scroll Whell do! hehe!

...Just Curious?! :confused: ... If not, maybe its something they should include?! :D

NeYo

Back