Move Info From Imac To Power Book

treymail

Registered
Hello all...I just bought a Power Book and a "Thin Fire Wire" wire. How can I move or make my Power Book have the same info as my Imac? Also, depending on which computer I use the most, can I make the other computer have the other's info by using this wire...in other words...can I transport info from one computer to the other with this wire? I want to use my Imac as my main computer and just 'update' my Power Book weekly so that it will have the same info or 'emulate' my Imac...thanks.

Well, to copy your info, just connect one end of the firewire cable to one computer, the other end to the other computer, then run Migration Assistant in your utilities folder.

Don't know if you could use Migration Assistant to "Sync" as well, it might delete data, or not merge it.

as far as transfering things over, plug the cable in, start the imac in firewire disk mode, and use the migration assitent in the book to copy over. as far as syncing them after that, i have been told that the best thing is .mac, i have never needed to do such a thing. there are also other kinds of apps that do stuff like this for you. i think mac addict had an artical about it in either their jan or feb mag.

Back