Movies on iTunes?

Looking downstream a couple of years might show us that software/hardware will have progressed to the point that HD movies will be downloaded, playable only on the machine/owner that was made the purchase, will be DVD recordable for playback on that machine only, and will significantly reduce the price of purchasing the product.

The entertainment industry will have to come to grips with the ability of people to rip current DVDs, or trade them cheaply, as LaLa is now doing with CDs (totally beats the RIAA, and is completely legal).

The industry is going to be compelled to rely on digital downloading to sell their product. That will spawn nearly unbreakable protection schemes, making the distribution medium profitable.

It's gotta happen for movies, and music, too. High-speed downloads; high-power encryption; no more middle-man. Might even make it affordable. But how can you beat rentals for now?

I was curious to see what the new resolution apple is offering would look like. Naturally I would have easily made a 640x480 of a movie I own and see what it looks. As it turns out, I don't have the time to do so right now.

Luckily for me I found this: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=186840718&id=189262489&s=143441

I'm downloading it right now. Its a free episode of a new disney show name "the replacements". Its animated but at least some of us who are curious about quality gets a chance to see what it looks like. The quality of cartoon animations and real video may differ, but its still better than nothing and its free.

Just saw the quality. Its not that bad considering I had it full screen on an apple 20 inch display. As for the actual TV show I didn't look at it. Its childish and I can see why its free.

Back