moving my girlfriends iPhone backup to her computer

joestriker

Registered
Hi

I have a problem

My girlfriend has an iPhone and an iPad. She has synced and backed it up on my iTunes. So along with my iPhone backup is her iPhone backup and her iPad backup on my iTunes.

she recently got a new macbook air and she wants to backup her stuff on there but iTunes keeps telling her that her ithings have been synced to another library etc. secondly i tried googling the location of her backups and i found them but there are three files all looking something like this 1234QWERTY5678. I don't know which one is mine and which ones are hers.

is there anyone who can help me with this issue as its really frustrating. Is there any way she will be able to sync her music too as this came from my library? And her iPhone movies?

I'd appreciate any help

I'm not at home with my computer at the moment. But I did this myself when my wife got an iPad and I moved my syncing of my iPhone to our laptop.

WHile the iPhone is connected to the computer you can tick some boxes etc. to do this quite simply. Maybe in the top bar menus. I can check this when I get home later.

But you disassociate the iPhone first. Then when you connect to the new account, it should let you go through the linking process.

OK. I think that this is all you need to do.

Connect the iPhone to her new MacBook Air. iTunes should open. if it doesn't, open it.

In the "File" drop down menu, choose "Transfer Purchases from "XYZ *****"
I haven't repeated this procedure to check, but I think there are a couple of reminders and warnings to click through.

There are also the iTunes Tabs. Choose the phone in the sidebar. Then go to the Summary and Info tabs and tick the boxes you need.

Back