Moving Netscape E-mail Files

woofer

Registered
I recently purchased a new iMac, running Tiger, and need some advice regarding my Netscape files. Sometimes I feel like I am the only Netscape mail user in the universe!

I am moving from an old iMac (circa 2002, on which I could switch between OS 9 and OS X). I mostly used OS 9 because that is what I was comfortable with, but now that most of my clients are moving on, I am going to do the same. My browser and e-mail program of choice has been Netscape (again, because it is what I am comfortable using, and have been for years), and I have downloaded a version of Netscape (7.2) that works on Tiger. I have been using the browser, and it looks very similar to what I was using in OS 9, and feels stable, so I want to move my old e-mail onto the new computer so I can finally stop using the old one, except when it is needed for something OS 9 vintage.

I have a FireWire cable, and I think I can transfer the files from one computer to the other without a problem, but I have no idea where the destination should be for the OLD mail files on the NEW computer. In the OS 9 version of Netsscape, all of the mail files appeared in the Preferences folder, but as far as I can tell, there is no such folder in Tiger.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to provide.

Back