Moving Outlook Mail to Mac Mail

HK Guy

Registered
Anybody got a foolproof and easy way to move mailboxes, folders and attachments from Outlook 2003 to Mac Mail?

Seems that MOVE2MAC does not handle mail and has some pretty bad reviews. O2M from thelittlemachine.com looks promising but hard to get any reliable testimonials. Shared experiences welcomed. Thanks!

I have just recently been in exactly your situation. 4 years of mail stored in Outlook 2003 and now I switched to Mac Mail.

I tested several methods. Through Mozilla, exporting to IMAP files, through Netscape and a few other methods. They all mannaged to mess up attachments, dates, HTML/text formats. I even had a problem with 800 mails reduced to one big mail.

So when I was tired of wasting time on this, I decided to buy O2M and it worked perfectly. What I had tried to do for 9 hours was done in 15 mins.

So I can recommend it :)

Ahlforn said:
I have just recently been in exactly your situation. 4 years of mail stored in Outlook 2003 and now I switched to Mac Mail.

I tested several methods. Through Mozilla, exporting to IMAP files, through Netscape and a few other methods. They all mannaged to mess up attachments, dates, HTML/text formats. I even had a problem with 800 mails reduced to one big mail.

So when I was tired of wasting time on this, I decided to buy O2M and it worked perfectly. What I had tried to do for 9 hours was done in 15 mins.

So I can recommend it :)

Anyone else? I have tonnes of stuff in Outlook 2003. Moving to MacBook. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Set up an IMAP Gmail account on both machines. On PC, move messages from your folders to a folder in the Gmail account. They will show up in the corresponding folder on the Mac. Then move them from the Gmail account on the Mac into the folders where they will ultimately reside. I did this folder by folder in moving mail from my Mac to Outlook on a new PC. No reason why it would not work in reverse.

Joel

Let's hope they haven't been awaiting your reply for 4.5 years...

Hint: look at the dates of the messages you're replying to! ;)

Back