Moving softward from one internal to another

gazzerdc

Registered
Here's the problem: I loaded Nikon's PictureProject software on Internal Drive #1 which is about 50% full (at 60g). I have a perfectly good 80g harddrive that is practically empty on the same computer. The program 'found' all the jpegs on computer #1 and categorized them nice and neatly. But everytime I transfer pics from the camera, or do anything, the pictures are stored on #1.

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the program? I've copied the program to #2. All the pictures, however, are still on #1. And the program doesn't move the pics or copy them; it just finds them, which means they are all over the place in #1.

So, does it sound like I need to uninstall the program and when I get the first drop down message on "where would you like the program?" I choose drive #2 vs. #1 and let it do it's thing. Then, when the program asks, "would you like us to find all the pictures?" It isn't going to be able to find them on #1 because I'm on number #2. So, does that sound like I need to do a *.jpg and move all the pictures over to the second drive first? Then delete from the 1st. Then run the program?

Hope this makes sense.
Gaz

Yes, it found the photos. The problem is the default on where the photos are being saved. Since they are currently on the wrong hard drive....I want to move them to the second hard drive which will probably be easy enough. But, the program still defaults to the 1st hard drive to "save" the photos to. I need it to default to the 2nd hard drive. For some reason, there doesn't seem to be anything in the program preferences that allows me to do that. This is why, I'm afraid, that I may have to reinstall the program from the beginning on the second hard drive. Make sense?

Back