Moving to Woodstock, NY - housing, etc suggestions welcome

kilowatt

mach-o mach-o man
As the topic says, I'll be moving to the area of Woodstock, NY in a few weeks. What a change from Arizona, eh?

Anyway, I'm having a little trouble finding housing in the area. Looks like the nearest apartments are a good half hour out of the way. And in the winter, I'm sure that time will be substantially more.

Is anyone here from that general area, that maybe can shed some light here?

Anyone lived there before by chance?

Thanks in advance!!!

Kilowatt- I am originally from NY (central) - Went to school in Tucson AZ and then moved back to Western NY, Upstate area seem to behind the times with posting on the net... I too was unable to find something, but after a week up there I had a nice little place in Downtown Rochester (little off from where your going) but still its easier to find a place when there.

Good luck

Acidtuch10

Below is a link to a few of the surrounding area papers. I believe the DailyFreeman is in Kingston, I did a quick rental search in a few and there are hundreds available. It's definetly a beautiful historic area up there and the mountains to the west of you are awesome come fall. You got some decent skiing nearby and if you have some time some great fly fishing streams not to far as well. Used to go boy scouting and sailing up in the Catskills that way as a youth, so spent a lot of time up that way. Wish I would have bought some property up that way 40 years ago. Just watch out for the Indians up that way. You really shouldn't have any trouble finding something once you are there. Will probably be a lot easier finding a house/duplex than an actual apartment complex. There are also quite a few log homes if you want something totally different. You might also want to call up a few realtors and they should be able to shoot you off some photos of some places for lease before you head up that way.

http://midhudsoncentral.com/site/news.cfm?brd=1770

Wow!

Thanks guys!

I needed a boost in confidence. I haden't even considered looking for local papers, thats a rather obvious thing to check, now that I think about it.

acidtuch10: Quite a change in climate, from az to ny, eh?

Yes a drastic change in climate ---- But I am a snowboarder so I prefer NY - Gore Mountain and white face - Chilling out infront of a fireplace -- all good stuff.

Good luck

Back