Mozilla 0.9.7

Javintosh

Meember
Mozilla 0.9.7 is out and it just gets better and better... :D

My biggest gripe about Mozilla (the very slow time to draw new windows) is much better. Not as good as IE, but I certainly acceptable.

Of course, in the meantime I've gotten used to IEa couple of IE features that I would really like to see in Mozilla:
1. when IE is running and there are no IE windows open, you can click on the IE icon on the dock to open a new window. This is very cool and much better than clicking on the icon and then selecting cmd-N or File -> New

2. New feature I just discovered! If you cmd-shift click on a link, IE will open the new window behind the current window. This is very cool for me since I usually go to a site (like this one or news sites) and open a new window for every thread I want to read. cmd-shift click lets me do this very efficiently.

Mozilla is getting better and better all the time. Its getting better and better. Hopefully I'll be able to switch by the time v1.0 rolls around.

that's default behaviour for mac os x applications. at least if they adhere to the apple gui guidelines. :) and YES it's nice. remember steve jobs double clicking IE in the os 9 finder and grumbling because he didn't notice that IE was already open? :) guess that's where that feature stems from. keep it simple stupid. :)

Yeah, I'm posting this with Moz 0.9.7, and liking it just fine. I notice that the java handling on sites like dslreports.com is much better than before, seems even better than IE or OW. And I'll never again use a browser that allows pop-up windows.
;) :D

You wanna know what I'm finally excited about? Flash! In the last version of Mozilla that I had installed (forget if it was 0.9.6 or nightly build after that), all Flash would be about 1/4 the size it was supposed to be , if not smaller. That was REALLY annoying. I don't know if any others noticed that.

Well, 0.9.7 fixes that! Flash is finally drawn correctly.

-Alex

This version of Moz is really nice, but then again that's expected from Mozilla now since they've proven they know how to make a quality browser. Every update makes version 1.0 more and more promising.

I actually had to step back to 0.9.6. Forms are not displaying correctly, in the least. One page I have gets pretty messed up.

Many forms don't display the text fields at all.

And also when a pop-up login prompt comes up, the fields are really small (2-3 pixels high).

I tried the latest nightly build, but it didn't start at all.

Guess I'll have to wait a little while longer.

-Alex

Back