Mozilla 1.0 - Release Candidate 1

and just a reminder for anyone who doesn't know or can't remember - mozilla is owned by AOL and your use of it might contribute to their success. as long as you know and don't care, be my guest and download it.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
and just a reminder for anyone who doesn't know or can't remember - mozilla is owned by AOL and your use of it might contribute to their success. as long as you know and don't care, be my guest and download it.

Oh, you. :D

-the valrus

Actually these builds you've pointed out ARE NOT Mozilla 1.0 RC 1.

They are the nightly builds towards RC1, which will be released sometime next week.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

Mozilla is *not* owned by AOL. Netscape is owned by AOL.

Mozilla's software is released under the GPL meaning anyone can use it, change it, hax0r it, etc, as long as they release the modified source.

Microsoft could simply recompile it and call it IE 7 if they wanted, and they'd get a way with it as long as they gave out the source.

Anyways, I'd rather contribute to AOL than Microsoft. If they do base the next AOL on Mozilla/Gecko, then this will be a GOOD THING. Millions of online subscribers who use it will force non-standards following sites all over the net to shape up and get with the program. This will lead to better browser choice in the long run - You won't be as limited to things such as IE coded html and whatever else there is. AOL can save web standards.

And as far as I'm concerned, Mozilla, or at least it's engine that drives it, is *the best* browser ever.

You are right Dricci - mozilla is not owned by aol, netscape is. I was tired and it was a poor choice of words. However we do know that AOL financially supports the development of Mozilla and that it is basically the beta version of what will become the next netscape. But thanks for correcting me. I should be more careful how i say that.:)

Back