Mozilla and MacOSX.com cookies

homer

Safety Inspector
Okay, I have this problem (minor though it is) that Mozilla seems not to store my MacOSX.com cookies--it forces me to log in every time I restart the browser. I checked the prefs, and my cookies are enabled, so I would think that they should just stay around. Mozilla in Windows and Linux does not behave this way--only Mozilla in OS X does this (and no other browser in X either). Any clues as to what's going on?

Under Preferences > Advanced - Scripts & Windows, make sure the bottom two cookie options (I believe read cookies and create and change cookies) are both enabled. Not sure if you tried that section or not, but they do seem to put the cookie options in two places.

Yup, both options are enabled.

Okay, so now it seems that my cookies are working--at least, I restarted Mozilla and I was logged back in without a problem (even though I haven't changed anything). There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to when it will log me into this site. Thanks for the help, though. :)

Okay, I now have another thought. Do I get logged out after a period of inactivty while I'm in my user control panel? Could that be it? because otherwise my cookies seem to be behaving quite normally. :confused:

Back