Mozilla & IE slow with secure sites

elspif

Registered
I seem to be having trouble with Mozilla while visiting secure sites. It grinds right down to a halt incredibly slow. Same thing goes for IE5.2. On the PC there's no problem with both browsers: pages load super fast. I tried Chimera and at first glance it worked way better: the pages loaded at the same speed as on the PC but after a while it crashed.

It seems like Mozilla/IE keep double checking each pic it loads from a secure site thus making the page load slowly. Is there a way to disable or bypass secure browsing so things speed up a bit?

Anyboy else had problems like this?

So this is a kind of bump but also a question why I'm not getting any replies. For me, a new Mac user, this forum is a place to get answers to my questions about Mac OS X and it's software. the posts I've made usually get very little response, I get the feeling nobody wants to discuss errors/bugs or other things that could be considered negative about the Mac.

Please don't misunderstand, I love my new machine and don't want to use a PC but I want the things I haven't figured out or problems I am running into to be solved.

I had some questions about fonts (whether OS X supports subfolders in the fonts) and this one about slow browsers but nobody gives me an answer. I don't mind if the only post is 'No, I never have that problem but maybe try...' But it makes it clear that it's somebody's helping me with my problem and that this is a bug or that I'm doing something wrong.

I always thought Mac users were loyal to each other... ;) but can't help feeling frustrated that I haven't been able to solve some basic issues with OS X.

Just my rant please let me know if I'm way off track but I think my point is valid, I don't mean to offend anybody, just wondering what your thoughts are.

Back