Mozilla Startup Error

chenly

Moof!
See the attached .jpg image. Any ideas? I just reinstalled Mozilla 1.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020529) but it didn't fix the problem. Incidently, this problem zaps some, but not all preferences, every time Mozilla is quit and restarted, even if the system is not?

Attachments

• mozilla startup error.jpg
    mozilla startup error.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
I'd try to delete the Mozilla folder in the Library folder (your user's library folder).

Javier
PS>Bookmarks most likely gone. You could try to move the folder and then put the bookmark file back. This should work as long as the bookmark file is not the source of the error...

I've got one even better. I get the attached error message with every version of Mozilla and Netscape for OS X that I have installed. Subsequently, Mozilla and Netscape spiratically loose all or parts of my custom preferences once I quit the application. I'm pretty sure the two are related, this is one of the reasons why I've abandoned Netscape for IE when I'm using OS X. The other reason, would be the slow response of Netscape/Mozilla under OS X as compared to IE and other OS X browsers. I had been a loyal Netscape user, but with the recent versions of Netscape, I've been draw away to use other browsers. I wish they would go back to Netscape 4.7 and start over. Netscape 4.7 was the last Netscape version that was truely robust with a quick reponse. It would be great if someone would port Netscape 4.7 to OS X, I would definitely start using Netscape again then.

Attachments

• mozillaerror.jpg
    mozillaerror.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 13
Javintosh: I deleted /users/[username]/Library/Mozilla and everything is fine now. Mozilla 1.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020529) created an illegal character in the login file, but it's running great now. Thanks!

hey my first helpful post! :cool:

I had the same problem with Chimera (although the Chimera folder is invisible and buried elsewhere).

Yes, if not deleting the Mozilla folder in your library try deleting the hidden folder .Mozilla in your home directory. You would have to do it through the terminal or download something like tinkertool to show hidden folders.

Back