Mozilla Themes

HaHa I do use Chimera primarily but it seems that I'm being pushed more and more to IE which sucks ... it takes care of most of the stuff i like, like java (even though i still can't get into the live chat here) .... and anything else like quicktime a lot of stuff just doesn't work on chimera

HaHa I do use Chimera primarily but it seems that I'm being pushed more and more to IE which sucks ... it takes care of most of the stuff i like, like java (even though i still can't get into the live chat here) .... and anything else like quicktime a lot of stuff just doesn't work on chimera

I'm using Modern theme. Go to preferences, click Appearance>Themes and there should be a link to "Get new themes"

BTW: Yes, Chimera Navigator is good, but I won't make a full switch till it's final.

I personally really like Lo-Fi, but I hate that the Go button isn't skinned, so it's this big ugly Aqua button. I just noticed Simplicity, which is similar, but with a skinned Go button, so I left that one. I can't use Mozilla for the fact that the mod I did with /etc/hosts or NetInfo to reroute ad servers to local makes Mozilla drop down a message for EVERY one it finds. VERY irritating!

There's a link to Mozilla themes right from the preferences.

I remember seeing the get new themes now. But aren't there anymore creative ones? I mean I couldn't do these myself but I want it to look similar to Chimera. Why aren't there many themes?

i use mozilla 1.1a (downloading 1.1b right now) i absolutely love this browser, i am using the aqua/chimera theme navzilla and its beautiful :)

No accounting for taste...

I don't suppose it's possible for any of these browsers to show a stand-alone URL field (location or address 'bar') without those stupid buttons.

Pretty much exposes what a farce Mozilla 'themes' are. Oh well, Explorer still works |-)

Originally posted by strobe
No accounting for taste...

I don't suppose it's possible for any of these browsers to show a stand-alone URL field (location or address 'bar') without those stupid buttons.

What supid buttons, the navigation ones like back and forward arrows, reload button, etc.? Any Cocoa browser, OmniWeb or Chimera, should be able to do that with the Customize Toolbar shade.

You can't get rid of a separate button bar leaving only the location or address bar.

I'm not a fan of toolbars.

You can't get rid of a separate button bar leaving only the location or address bar.

You sure can. Is this what you're talking about?

You can easily do that in OminWeb. Just go to Browser->Browser Toolbars and show only a separate location bar.

yeah I like chimera but the thing is that it keeps crashing on me. So far Mozilla is the only browser that has satisfied me...
I hear that omniweb is quite good but is it?

I used Opera a lot because it is so easy to switch images on/off
I used OmniWeb because it is the best looking
I used Netscape 7 PR1 (and still use it)

But the easiest and fastest is still IE... sorry.

Still need a good Java in OS X, the OS 9 is good, so I use the Classic IE for chat. But why is it so difficult to make the same Java Run Time in X ?

Back