MP3 players

misskate

Registered
I have just recieved a Toshiba Gigabeat (20GB) as a gift (came free with my husband's new laptop). It is a pretty cool device that has a pictures viewer and stuff. Unfortunately, I can't get it to function as more than a HD. I have tried putting pictures in to the 'picture' folder and music into the 'music folder' but it doesn't come up on the menu of items to view or listen to. It came with it's own software for transferring files (for Windows only). I can't seemed to get it to work to it's full extent with my mac...... has anyone seen some software I can use to get it all happening?

From ZDNET:

"For starters, Mac-users are not invited: The Gigabeat 20 currently works with Windows operating systems only, according to Toshiba's Web site."

What is needed is for someone to write a piece of software that will work with it, like someone did for the Creative players (and Dell DJs).

dmetzcher said:
What is needed is for someone to write a piece of software that will work with it, like someone did for the Creative players (and Dell DJs).
For those interested, the software that I referenced above can be found at:
http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/
" XNJB is a Cocoa graphical user interface for Mac OS X for the Creative Nomad range of portable MP3 players." (Also works with the Dell DJ player, as it's really just a Creative Nomad re-branded for Dell.)

Back