mpeg header/stream fixer up-er?

kp8

Registered
Hi. I often encounter mpeg movies that are large in Size (like 100MB) but then only play for like 50 seconds. Clearly the headers or something is screwed up. I can't believe that there is no Application out there that scans the file data and repairs or rewrited the header based what it finds. The only thing that i have found that colmes close to what i need (and if the file isn't too badly mucked up usually fixes things ok) is bbDEMUX 1.2.2, which scans the file and writes a propor headed. The only problem is, of course, bbDEMUX is not really for repairs, it is for splitting mpegs into their seperate audio and video streams. This i *don't* want. I just want something that repairs what can me repaired, chop what can't and fix up the header so that Quicktime is happy again. I have searched and searched and have yet to find any utility that seaches a file for streams and rewrites the header.

cheers,

kevin
:confused:

I also looked at mpgtx beta 1.4 beta 4, which is pretty cool actually for joining and splitting as well as demuxing, on the off chance that anyone is interested... Still wish that i could get some advice on this....

:eek:

Back