mpeg streamclip help

You are supplying way too little information:
  • what programs are you using, and how
  • what is the resolution of the source and destination films
  • what options have you selected for the conversion
  • what is the size in MB of the film
  • what kind of hardware are you using (CPU, RAM, HD)
Your question is the equivalent of going to a mechanic, saying to him : "My car doesn't run! without bringing the car with you. Would you expect the mechanic to be able to solve your problem then ?

Stating the problem fully and completely is the first order of business if/when you want to get any help.

yeah sorry: size of movie is: 891.3 MB , i selected export to mpeg-4.. the mpeg stream clip is version 1.9.3b7 and version I'm running is lion mac 10.7.2.. dimensions of film: 720 × 388 and codes H.264, AAC

hope what i gave you helps

• conversion: MPEG streamclip 1.9.3b7; burning: Toast
  • still missing :: how you are using these programs
  • original video dimensions:720x388 ; target dimensions: ???
  • avi -> mpeg4, video:h.264, sound:AAC
  • original is 891.3 MB
  • still missing :: what kind of hardware are you using (CPU, RAM, HD)
  • 10.7.2 Lion

MPEG streamclip is a bloody complex piece of software with a lot of options for you to really mess up with ! Squared 5 are explicitly stating, that 1.9.3b7 is a beta product that might be unstable.
I've no experience at all with Toast, but from the Squared 5 website, I gather that it want's mpeg2 ?!? -or- that Toast at least exports to mpeg2 when burning.
If your process is MPEG streamclip -> intermediate file -> Toast, you might be better off choosing AAIF (menu::File -> Export to Other Formats) as the format for the intermediate file. AAIF is using significant amounts of HD, but it's easier on the processor & time.

Now, I'm still missing the exact steps you've taken in your conversion process:
  • how are you opening the file
  • exactly which steps / menu selections did you choose when exporting / converting - if possible a screenshot if you are using one of the complex settings windows
In menu::List -> Log Window you can check the file for errors.

Qs:
  • Do you really need 1.9.3b7 or can you do with the stable 1.9.2 ?
  • Have you read the requirements section on the Squared 5 website, and have you installed all of the necessary components ??? This is one place where you can really screw up ;)
  • I'ld like to see the output from menu::File -> Show Stream Info for the original file.
  • can MPEG streamclip play the whole original file ?
  • can you play the whole original file in other players like QuickTime X, QuickTime 7, VLC, MPlayerX ?
  • are you able to convert to other formats, or does MPEG streamclip freeze under all circumstances ?
  • are you able to convert from other input formats, or does MPEG stramclip freeze for these also ?
  • how far does the conversion process come before it freezes ?
  • When MPEG streamclip freezes, what does Activity Monitor show about the process ?
  • I'ld like to see the output in the log window from the conversion process.

Last edited:
Back