MS does .mac one better...

d8n_two

Registered
So we've all been worried about this bizzaro universe in which Apple tries to imitate M$ (i.e. .mac). Well this article from Reuters should set us all back to the real world in which M$ follows Apple's lead. It is talking about the next update to XP, dubbed "XP Media Center." It aims to "transform desktop computers into remote-controlled digital entertainment hubs." Sound familiar?

d8n_two

MicroSloth: finding gaudier, unhelpful ways to do things the Mac already does (and has done for years).

D'oh! :rolleyes:

Oh, Come on Guys! the Term "hub" may be used, and may appear as more than a Coincedance. However, if you read the article, and what its talking about, you'd NOT be so eager to say the typical "look what M$ is Doing, "yadyayaya"

I am favourable to both M$ and apple, And merely sit on the fence when Debates begin, but since being here, and having to sit listening to your Biased opinions, i OFTEN find myself standing to the defence of M$.

In this instance, the technology is taking the PC, in a new direction, away From the typical

"Mouse, Keyboard, VDU and PC Unit"

Its a Development, Much like it was for Apple To Shove all the Computer Crap into a Little White dome, and Shove Some Glass above it!

I don't see how Apple has anything simular to this (to my knowledge, and i like M$'s thinking)

as a result of this, i am sure in time, the Xbox will probably tie in more so, and bring together Both sets of hardware, for a more integrated Digital entertainment *HUB

(sorry i had to use "hub" as you Apple Worshippers Seem to think it's Copyrighted or something)

...MAN! as a result of this post, it makes me sound like i love Microsoft! In All honestly, i respect them, and what they do, much like i do Apple, but i hate to see how People can be so Quick to "attack them" Merely because they are doing something, "Different" (pun intended)

NeYo

way to jump on some buzzwords...

macs have never done the things that article is talking about. read it next time?

Actually, I meant to post it a little more light-heartedly then most of you are taking it. True "hub" isn't an Apple-copyrighted term, and Apple hasn't done some of the things the article talks about. But, who has been saying for the last 6 months to a year that the PC is not dead, it's simply changing roles, it's becoming a digital hub. Yeah, Steve Jobs, followed by Intel, Dell, Gateway & Microsoft.

There's been a lot of "Apple is becoming more like Microsoft" talk here and in the tech media (bundling iApps, potential .mac fiasco, etc). I posted this to show that Apple is still leading the way in the evolution of computer hardware, software and philosophy.

Sorry, I didn't state my point very well. It was meant more like Apple's ideas and concepts are leading the way, not Microsoft is stealing. Besides, everyone steals ideas from everyone. It's what capitalism is built on.

d8n_two

Originally posted by d8n_two
Actually, I meant to post it a little more light-heartedly then most of you are taking it. True "hub" isn't an Apple-copyrighted term, and Apple hasn't done some of the things the article talks about. But, who has been saying for the last 6 months to a year that the PC is not dead, it's simply changing roles, it's becoming a digital hub. Yeah, Steve Jobs, followed by Intel, Dell, Gateway & Microsoft.

There's been a lot of "Apple is becoming more like Microsoft" talk here and in the tech media (bundling iApps, potential .mac fiasco, etc). I posted this to show that Apple is still leading the way in the evolution of computer hardware, software and philosophy.

Sorry, I didn't state my point very well. It was meant more like Apple's ideas and concepts are leading the way, not Microsoft is stealing. Besides, everyone steals ideas from everyone. It's what capitalism is built on.

d8n_two

Fairs! ;)

Peace

Neyo

Back