Ms Exchange And Mail 2.0.3

superlight

Registered
I have managed to successfully connect to my exchange server with Mail. I receive mails with absolutely no problems at all. Where I am having issues is with receiving calendar events.

If someone mails me an invitation from the same exchange server, (I have only had the opportunity to try this with coworkers) the mail will just sit on the server and does not get passed on to me. Again, normal email I receive fine.

I have an Entourage client that works very well. So, when this fails I go to my entourage,verify that the mail is there, accept the invitation and bang it ends up in my calender folder in my Mail application. Not as mail, nor as an alert, but just filtered to this folder. It also does not pass (even then) automatically to iCal, even though I have this set in my mail preferences.

I have put in our OWA (Outlook Web access) address to filter the "non-email" items as they come through. This is suggested in the setup of Mail. It appears to be working as I do receive events that have already been processed and placed in my exchange calendar.

Hopefully someone can help, because I really want to use mail and
iCal instead of Entourage.

I am quite technical. So please do not hesitate to give advise of a technical nature.

Regards and thanks,
Greg

Back