Ms Exchange Server Contacts Sync In Addressbook/isync

StuTemp

Registered
On new installs or new Mac user accounts when I set up Address Book to sync with our MS Exchnage server to sync contacts lists, an icon for Exchange shows up in iSync and you can use it to do a manual sync instead of waiting for the 1 hr auto-sync.

However on systems that were upgraded from previous versions of OSX 10.2 to 10.3 to 10.4 etc. The Exchange sync settings are available in Address Book preferences, but they do not work, and the icon isn't created in iSync.

This also occurs if you do an account migration (using the apple migration tool) from an old system to a new system as an upgrade.

I've tried reinstalling Address Book and iSync (using Pacifist) and deleting any old preferences plict files etc. that I can find.

Any idea why this would be happening and how to fix it short of a full-blown rebuild of OSX (which I haven't tested yet)

Thanks!

Before you rebuild your System, you should try to discern where the problem lies. If your firm recently upgraded Exchange, then that may account for your problems.

Back