MS Office v. X Shipping Date: What The F@ck?

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
I just ordered my MS Office v. X Upgrade from Microsoft's website -- in other words, I continue to pay for the software appplications that I use and own. I am rewarded for this financial support with the incredible information that supposedly my newly purchased software WILL NOT EVEN BE SHIPPED TO ME UNTIL 12/18/2001! What the fu@ck!? A month!? I've already waited a year! And, yes, I got a discount ($149 instead of $249) for being an Office 2001 user who upgrades, but considering that there are NOT a lot of new features (other than Entourage interface) other than Aqua look-and-feel and OS X carbonization, $149 is still a considerable upgrade cost (especially since I upgraded from Word 1-5 (probably had 'em all) to Word 6 (which sucked!!!!) to Office 4.2.1 (which sucked!!!) to Office 2001 (which I admit I liked and still use) and PAID to upgrade EACH time!). Thus, the fact that I am saving a buck or two by not buying it from a Retailer (who cannot apparently offer the $149 price) still does not impress me since I will apparently have to wait ANOTHER month to get the software. Lame! Lame! Lame!

I ordered the Microsoft Office X upgrade from the Apple store almost
a month ago with the assumption that it would ship on the 19th. Guess
again, I called yesterday and they currently have no ship date.

I also called and ordered a copy from Microsoft yesteday ( of course
their windoze order pages were broken ) and they quoted 3 to 4 weeks
to ship. Not being a Microsoft fan it really hurts to get pumped to
buy one of their products that they say will ship on a certain day on
then its Missing In Action. When Microsoft rolls out a windows
product or XBox its at the store waiting for release. The abuse we
MAC users get. Get with it Microsoft!!!!!!

Weird, because I called Microsoft yesterday, ordered the product and should receive it in 3-7 business days. They only ship it Us Mail and you cannot upgrade the shipping.

Also, since I needed to have it, I went to the local CompUSA and low and behold they have it in stock. I bought a copy there. So it looks like I will have 2 copies. Here is the phone number that I called at Microsoft: (877)422-9105 I would wait til about 2 or so Eastern Standard Time because it seems that they busy the line when they are not in or something.

I will say this, Office X is really awesome. I know it has shortcomings but other than those that we have heard about is is a very nice product.

Hmmm.... well, it's been about nine hours since my order on Microsoft.com went through and I just checked my Order status (received my confirmation email) and lo and behold . . . the estimated shipping date has changed from 12/18/01 to TODAY, 11/20/01! Well, I hope that I don't see any flying pigs ("when pigs fly") but it seems that I may be wrong after all ... so long as hell doesn't freeze over (as the saying goes) perhaps I'll get my copy of MS Office v. X soon! I'll keep you all posted on whether or not my whining got Microsoft's attention (which would be scary) or whether they got my hopes up for nothing and lied to me.

Damn, where's the ol' Pony Express when you need it!

Cool, I hope you get it. I now have something even more ironic. I just got a call from the receptionist and she said I have a package. Low and behold Microsoft overnighted me Office X. So now I am sitting here with 2 Office X cds. Although, the one from Microsoft did not come in a box, just an envelop with the serial number.

If anyone wants one for the 150 buck upgrade price, let me know.. I will ship it overnight,; If not, its going to ebay.

jshifflett,
Did the status of your order ever change from in process? That is what mine is on. I ordered at 8:30 am CST on November 19.
What carrier did they use?
Thanks.

Microsoft(R) Knowledge Base(TM) 2001(R) XP(R) Professional(R) Home Edition(R) Me(R)

Problem: Microsoft product costs too much.
Solution: Don't use Microsoft products. Use free alternatives.

Problem: Microsoft product takes too long to ship.
Solution: Don't use Microsoft products. Use free alternatives.

Could it be? I just received an email from the Evil Empire telling me my new Office X CD will be shipped tomorrow. I'll be holding my breath until then (if you notice a blue man walking down the street).

Will let you know ...

jshifflett:

WTF. You ordered your upgrade online, and then you decided to go out and buy it for the full price. Why didn't you call Microsoft and ask for the estimated shipping time, and then realize its too long, and go out and buy it saving you a bundle?

Funny how Microsoft just got an extra $150 out of the deal, too.

Not really. I can expense the purchase to work. I just wanted to have it before the 4 day weekend. I did call Microsoft. They told me 7-8 business days. So, I went to Compusa and did not even think that they would have it but they did and I spent the 279, or work did...

I sold the one that Microsoft sent to me for 150 to someone else. so if you look at it, I made 150 bucks on the deal and spent nothing.

Its weird though, cause after I received this one from Microsoft, they keep sending me emails saying my order is on the way. Estimated ship date of the 27th. I am hoping they will send me another. Gotta love free software.

Back