MS OFFICE X - Help!

CallmeKenneth

Registered
Hi there. This is a kind of classifieds post - sort of.
I own a copy of MS OFFICE X, but it is the academic version. I can't use it anymore since I had to sell my iBook to raise some cash :(
Anyway, how do i sell this thing off legally? I can't use it at the moment as i'm currently usin OS9. It's a complete product, but places like eBay say I'm not allowed to sell it on.
Can anyone help me here???

I hope there would be out there someone - hopefully in UK - needing or wanting to buy MS Office X, and who would be allowed to get the Academic price of it. Good luck.

because he got it cheaper then the 'normal' price. i guess because he is a student. Academic price = cheaper for students, because they don't have to much money (usually) but the companies still want to sell their products and they still earn enough even when they sell it cheaper.

so i guess ebay doesnt want that a student buys 1000 of these programs and sells it for a little bit more expensive what is still relly cheap for everybody else who isnt a student.

I guess it's rather Microsoft than ebay having a problem with this. ;-)

Btw.: If you read the license agreement carefully, you'll find out that you can't sell it. At all. Academic or 'pure'.

Yeah - sounds crazy. People sell software 2nd hand all the time and yet students or teachers are singled out. I can't see why people aren't allowed to sell software. I can understand if people simply copy it and keep a copy after selling it on - that's illegal obviously. But if you sell everything (i.e. Manual, CD, Box etc.) i can't see a problem with that. Why should software be so precious??

Because what you buy is not the software, only a license to use it. And because some software houses are just plain strange...

yeah ... buy the licence because nobody has trust in us. what i mean: yesterday you could buy just the software - nobody copied it. today everybody copies and doesnt give money the companies so they have that licence crap. but if i would be a comapny (hehe) I wouldn't trust in the users, because everybody does copy.

For what it is worth, Starting around 2001 once you break the seal you can not sell or give away any products. Microsoft while the most notorious isn't the only company doing this. This is part of Piracy Prevention.

Prior to that, you could but only if had all the documents, packaging, inserts, etc.

As for the Academic version, I suspect if it were unopened you could sell it but only to another Academic but I wouldn't without first asking an attorney/barrister/etc.

Back