MS Word 2004 for Mac X (version 11.2.6)

James Johnson

Registered
For the past two years I have used View/Footer to number pages of documents, with no problems. For example Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, Pages 3 of 3.

Recently, however, I find it PRINTS Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of ", Page 3 of £ even though it appears on SCREEN correctly.

At first I thought I had clicked on "Insert Page Number" twice instead of "Insert Page Number" then "Insert Number of Pages".

Originally, I used the CD-ROM to install the application. Recently I updated the version to 11.2.5. and then later to 11.2.6. I cannot tell if the problem arose subsequently, but I can say it was definitely correct originally.

Is there a bug in the update, or am I doing something wrong elsewhere?

Your help as always is appreciated.

James Johnson

James: Take a look at the font being used in the footer. Try changing it to something like Verdana or Chicago and see what you get.

If you're running a font manager like Suitcase, make sure that you don't have a Helvetica installed because Apple has a Helvetica in the System > Library > Fonts. If you enable another Helvetica of your own, you'll get oddities like this. If you need to use Helvetica in documents you're creating for print, either use Apple's Helvetica or switch to Helvetica Nueue.

Back