MS Word unexpectedly quitting

MissyC

Registered
Hi,

I've recently started having problems with MS Word unexpectedly quitting. The rest of the package works fine, it's just word. After searching through here I've tried trashing my preferences (although I'm not really sure where they're all kept so I may have missed some) and checked my quicktime folder for divx plugins which I don't seem to have. Could anybody suggest something to help me? It'd be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Claire
:0)

PS. I'm running OS 10.2.8

I remember some font issues. Search for word & font and see, if you find something. If I recall right, you simply had to delete certain fonts which are not properly supported. Fixed some word probs for many ppl
Good luck!

I just had to help my cousin with Word crashing after typing one letter. Just started to happen one day. I just reinstalled, took a minute to do plus another minute to update with the patches. It was quicker than trying to figure out what caused the problem in the first place. :D

I remember reading reviews of Office X saying the programs crashed occasionally, though not as much as with previous versions. So even on a clean system, it's still prone to spontaneous combustion—after all, it is a Microsoft program.

Back