MSN file sending problems..

Acheron

Registered
got a problem im unable to figure out... from person A i am unable to send or recieve files from. However person A is able to send files to the persons X.

Now person B is able to send me files and I to him..

How come i cannot send to like 50% of the people I try send and or recive from?

Important note... this is not just a FEW cases.. its like 20++ people on different networks, different places around the world..

"We could not send this file because the connection is blocked. Please contact your network administrator or Internet service provider; they may be able to enable file transfers." is the error when i try send

After figuring out that i couldnt send or recive from certain people i tried open these ports in my router:

IN TCP 6891 - 6900
IN TCP 1863
IN UDP 1863
IN UDP 5190
IN UDP 6901
IN TCP 6901

It still does not work!! what do I do to fix this? any suggestions?

are your friends using a Mac or a PC? a friend of mine told me that she couldn't send or receive files on her pc through im since she switched from MSN to ICQ...

MACS mostly..PC almost ALWAYS works...

However 2 of my mac people friends (they sit on two different university networks) can send files to me and I to them without problems at all

therefore i agree with bob, is very likely that the problem is due to your friends... try to ask them if they're using a firewall, or if it could be caused by their ISP...

ive been to two of them and tried they had same ports as me open.. we all use same ISP (same country and area)

However as i said this is a wider scale as well more people different coutries OS and isps..

Back