MSN for Mac OS X

Guess not. It's been 'announced' for quite a while. Well, now that the info's on their website, I guess it can't be that far away... A look at the MSN webbrowser for Mac OS X will certainly tell us something about how IE 6 (if it will ever be released for Mac OS X) will feel.

i don't get it, can you use that browser without getting their internet service? that software quite looks really nice...

i thought it was possible - at least with the windows version it's no problem. basically, it's just a value-added webbrowser with integrated MSN features. if you want that. ;)

I believe, could be wrong, that if you sign up for hotmail, you will be able to use the software. I am surprised that M$ is making it available for the Mac. The interface does look good. If it doesn't cost to use, like just signing up for hotmail, M$ may get alot of Mac users to try it.

As of MSN 8, all MSN browsers are charged to use. From MSN 5-7 (I believe) it was free to try to get you hooked on the services that it provided, and then start charging you for it with the release of 8. The Mac version will be no different. All MSN 8 really is though is a glorified web browser with different buttons then Internet Explorer. I personally don't find it to be all that exciting, but that may just be me.

It doesn't matter if its MSN 8 or not. Microsoft is no longer letting anyone use any new MSN software for free anymore. Considering that MSN 8 has been out for a while, that means that this would be AFTER the free ride is over.

hmz I don't know that for sure.... For Windows, MSN 5.0 has been released a few weeks/months ago, which was free. And MSN 3.0 for Mac is really garbage... sloooooow....
So maybe Microsoft is releasing a MSN for Mac OS X which can be used for free... :confused:

Note that MSN3 for mac is the Messenger, not the Service! It's normal that the Messenger is free, it's always been like that.

yup, but i doubt that they will update MSN Messenger ....

Don't know why, but i have a bad feeling about MSN Messenger and its future life.. :(

Originally posted by GroundZeroX
It doesn't matter if its MSN 8 or not. Microsoft is no longer letting anyone use any new MSN software for free anymore. Considering that MSN 8 has been out for a while, that means that this would be AFTER the free ride is over.

This may explain why Apple launched its own browser. It needed a second solution.

I'd say it's just Netscape 7 but with MicroSoft Network features (msn features). So instead of AIM on the side, it's msn. The homepage would be msn instead of netscape.com. I say we just boycott this software, which will cost monthly, which really sucks. (boycott means ignore and skip, right? Cuz that's what i meant...).

Back