MSN for Mac OSX "good value"

Langley

Registered
I have a .Mac account which is awesome but recently my girlfriend (who has a 12" powerbook) signed up for permenant Hotmail account. She is a switcher but still has some attachment to MS.

For the money having all the features it offers is 'great' value.

ISP (if you choose), Organized e-mail 10mb, Avoid junk, Address book, Dashboard, Calendar, Download Manager, Activity report, Roaming, Customization, Mac-dedicated customer service.

Have a look
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/msnformacosx/msnformacosx.aspx?pid=whatsnew

Is this a sales pitch? The biggest thing holding me back, among a number of factors, is the spam filters that work as well as a water filter with bullet holes in it. There's also the fact that Hotmail is prone to more attacks than anyone else because of anti-Microsoft sentiments.

I'm actually going to be using MSN as my ISP starting next month, so it's good to hear from another Mac user that it's a pretty decent deal.

However, I won't be using Hotmail. I will always love my .Mac ;)

I have a .Mac account as well. For my girlfriend the hotmail ISP/Interface was good for her.

The Interface fits into OSX nicley with know bugs that I have seen. PLus it works well If everyone you know is MSN messanger orientated as the interface is grate and I know 'no-one' on iChat...dam.

Go for it, you wont be disappointed....i know, i know it's MS but lets get real and use what the hell we want.

And I do. I'm perfectly happy using free services like Mail.com, Breezeland.com, AIM for OS 9, and AntiVirusSoftware (as in I have no virus software because it's irrelevant). But apparently, MSN is a good deal for beginners, according to Mac Addict and "First Time Fred."

I bought an iMac for my gf (made her switch!) and I'd like her to use her existing MSN account to get on the internet. Is there an installer I could download?

Install MSN, and you should be able to start it up with her user account. I doubt it will make her re-register. (Though with M$ you never know...)

I like the built-in mail applcation for Mac OS X. It does an excellent job filtering out junk mail, better than any service I have used: yahoo, msn hotmail, excite....etc MSN sounds like a good deal but my relatives and friends are bound to AOL. =D

I use only MSN Messenger. It does what you expect, crashes here and there, has trouble with file sending and I'm ALWYAS asked do you want to upgrade? If not we'll asked you again in a week. :eek:

Well I shouldn't have said I use it only, I use AIM quit often also. The reason I use MSn is because, well it's what my friends use. I have one on iChat and maybe 20 on MSN. If AIM simple looked better or as good as what MSN does on Windows I'm sure thy use it also.

Back