MSN Messenger 3.5 Released

lol, it's just like the new version for windows, the new sounds and look. Overall it's worth the upgrade, since i think file send works.

Originally posted by kenny
...and now I can't connect to any of Microsoft's sites... (www.microsoft.com, mactopia, expedia)...

Coincidence? ;)

Yes, coincidence: this is only in Safari. I've tried with Camino, instant connection. Safari v64 won't display Mactopia at all :D

You can find it here as well. :)

It seems faster than 3.0, wich was unsuable (it couldn't hold up with my typing). File transfer is nice, and chat logging too. :)

the look of msn is awesome, but it makes it slow. if they combined yahoo's service and the msn look and the speed and versatility of Mac OS, then it would be a perfecto messaging service.
Hey, for some reason when i start up mim 3.5, it acts like i just installed it. WHYYYYYYYYY?@?@?@

Originally posted by Androo
damn! file sharing just won't work!!!!

Are you behind a router/Airport Base station. Because in that case it won’t work without tweaking some prefs.

I have Airport, filesharing didn't work with 3.0, now with 3.5 it does! I'm soooooooo happy! And i find 3.5 FREAKIN FKING GOOOOOD!!! :D :D :D

hmm I tried MSN, liked it then checked the processor usage

MSN messenger was at about 3% when idle and Proteus (an app for msn, icq, aol...) was at 0% go figure...

+it has microsoft in the name :p

well it's not that much, but 0 is still better ;) since I am constantly at about 30% (iTunes and X-Chat) I am trying to bring down every % :)

Originally posted by koim
Are you behind a router/Airport Base station. Because in that case it won?t work without tweaking some prefs.

What tweak one should make?? MSN 3.5 is crashing each time upon Quiting. I have a router.

Would appreciat advise. Thanks

Back