MSN Messenger 5

mw84

Registered
Does anyone have any more info on this? Release dates etc. Also does anyone actually plan on using it? I'm using Adium right now but I only ever use it with msn so this could be an alternative for me if it's any good. Personally from what I've seen of the screenshots going around it doesn't look too shabby and I would consider giving it a try if only once.

Don't know much about it, but being the person I am (a microsoft-hater) I wouldn't bother with it. Fire IM works fine for me.

mw84 said:
Does anyone have any more info on this? Release dates etc. Also does anyone actually plan on using it? I'm using Adium right now but I only ever use it with msn so this could be an alternative for me if it's any good. Personally from what I've seen of the screenshots going around it doesn't look too shabby and I would consider giving it a try if only once.
where? i'd like to see! i use msn at the moment as it's the most polished of the msn clients. i've never been a fan of open source. msn 4.0 just lacks a lot - i'll be d/ling 5 asap

The screenshot in that link is the one I was on about, it looks pretty nice don't you think? However if the features, or lack of, will be so appealing is yet to be seen. :D From what I read at that site it will still only perform about 25% of the functions that the actual msn client will.

Personally i still prefer Adium, ecspecially the way i have it set up. The only thing that i've hate about Adium is the file transfer thing is slow and abit un-inituitive. I don't really like the brush metal use in this new msn, im not a big fan of brush metal only on some windows like finder, safari, ichat. Anyways but man microsoft are dodgey, they just have their whole software ethics all wrong. errrr

Id love adium and fire if they worked through http proxies.

Im at uni, staying in halls, so Ive gotta go through a http proxy to connect to the internet. As far as I know, my only choice is MSN 4...

Id love some of the newer features of MSN 7 PC though... Its annoying that M$oft dont code in the extra features to the mac version - it cant be too hard!

Back