Microsoft have released Messenger 6.0 for OS X. New features include:
  1. Chat with Yahoo! Messenger contacts
  2. Add a status message that your personal contacts can see
  3. Share what you are listening to in iTunes with your personal contacts
  4. Create, send, and receive custom emoticons with personal contacts
  5. Send and receive custom animated emoticons with personal contacts
  6. Search for conversation histories using Spotlight
  7. Check the spelling in your instant messages
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell from their web pages, they still have not implemented video... :(

I downloaded it yesterday. Updating the format of saved chats took FOREVER, and I wonder how searching with Spotlight will work since I thought the saved chats were supposed to only be accessable by the person who's account they were saved from.

It brings it closer to the Windows version although now with the Live Messenger(why do they have to change names of things ever few years?) there are a few newer things that it doesn't have again.

I hope somehow the AOL and MSN/Yahoo networks connect now because it'd be great to finally be able to use iChat.

does anyone elses comp freeze for a bit (keyboard) (untill the alert box is gone) when someone signs in? I've just noticed it...

Nice just updated it. Did anyone notice that it takes slightly longer to sign in? I wonder if its my internet connection...hmmm.

I still hope someone ends the issue of incompatible messenging networks once and forever. ICQ works with AIM, Yahoo with MSN. Now if _only_ Apple could use their good terms with Microsoft to bring them all to the table... I know there are multiprotocol apps, but that's definitely not the same thing. Wouldn't it be great if we all could just use whatever app suits us best to contact _all_ our contacts...?

I still hope someone ends the issue of incompatible messenging networks once and forever. ICQ works with AIM, Yahoo with MSN. Now if _only_ Apple could use their good terms with Microsoft to bring them all to the table... I know there are multiprotocol apps, but that's definitely not the same thing. Wouldn't it be great if we all could just use whatever app suits us best to contact _all_ our contacts...?

that would rock if Ichat could do msn lol.

Back