MSN Messenger firewall problems...

aquamacus

Registered
I am trying to sign into MSN Messenger at work. They block the typical chat parts which means I can't connect. I have tried running a local proxy to get past the firewall. If I use the standard ports for iChat it goes through fine with the proxy. Its logs in and chats just fine. When I try to do the same with MSN Messenger on any client (fire,proteus,msn) is just hangs and times out. All the other protocols (AOL,yahoo) sign in and out just fine. Is there something with the mac client I need to do special. Also, the PC clients log in just without any modification. Yes, I have checked my Username/Password and it works fine....

Its not the local firewall it is the corporate firewallthat is blocking the ports. I don't even run a local one at this time.

Yep, I added the proxy into the connection box. It is using an HTTP proxy with an address of 127.0.0.1 and port 8118...iChat connects just fine through it. Also, my web browsing works too

contact you sys admin and ask about it, i would expect it is a server port lock out or something, I'm not sure, tho

I found an anonymous proxy and it goes though there just fine. For some reason it doesn't like the local one...not sure...

Back