MSN messenger with a .mac account.

This is fun.
My father, a 61 years old guy with an imac for e-mails and no, I mean no computer skills at all, recently installed msn messenger because one of his friends told him to. I wonder how could he do that, but he subscribed to msn messenger services using his .mac account. He doesn't even know about this .mac. I bought it for him and setup his computer for connecting to internet and check e-mails. That's it, I ever wrote a sequence of steps for him to follow to check and compose e-mails.
Now In my messenger concact list appeared him as a contact like this: user@mac.com!!!!
If you check with get info, you can see that he is registered with his .mac account.
I contacted him to ask, and he has no idea about it. He does'nt even remmember doing it.
Isn't this weird?

i remember having seen someone using their .mac account in msn messenger.i never tried to ue mine untill i thought about it now, and i think i won't try that even now - simply to avoid all the msn spams in my .mac account.but it does work??? :)

No this is quite normal, if not cool.

Any email address can be used as a passpot account, i use my @btinternet.com account sometimes. ( wish i could get muiliable instaces of MSN up :mad: ) Also you can go to www.passport.com and create a passport account with any thing after the @ :D cool huh?

Ad

Back