MSN messenger

zoranb

Registered
Im having difficulties logging in with Messenger and Safari. Im on a LAN. Is there some way to bypass this blocking (port blocking i suppose) and make messenger access the internet through other ports? And if so...how can i assign it to work on those ports?

I'm having exactly the same problem.
Safari is supported fully but my MSN Messenger fails to logon on the LAN provided by my University in my accommodation.
When i'm back at home i have no problems loging on.
As far as i know the network operator cannot do anything about this.
Richard

here is the msg safari gives when i tryo to connect to any site

Technical Information (for support personnel)
¥ Error Code: 407 Proxy Authentication Required. The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209)
¥ IP Address: xxx.xx.x.x
¥ Date: 13/6/2005 1:03:35 __
¥ Server: xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xx
¥ Source: proxy

Try Adium and in the 'account' preferences, goto the 'Option' tab and check 'Connect via HTTP'. That sorted it for me ;)

zoranb said:
here is the msg safari gives when i tryo to connect to any site

Technical Information (for support personnel)
¥ Error Code: 407 Proxy Authentication Required. The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. (12209)
¥ IP Address: xxx.xx.x.x
¥ Date: 13/6/2005 1:03:35 __
¥ Server: xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xx
¥ Source: proxy

You will need to enter the proxy address into the network preferences.
Usually places that run proxies will have a .pac or .proxy file which you can enter into the 'Automatic Proxy Configuration' setting. Ask your network administrator for this file or the proxy url.

Back