mTS

xoot

Got xoot?
I got inspired by xaq to build my own metric time standard. And here it is.

There is also a live clock.

:) Any opinions except 'xoot, you're an idiot?'

P.S.: dualcube really likes the idea.

I don't think it will be REALLY useful until you can find a way to replace the menu bar clock.

We'll leave that to Kent Sutherland (a.k.a. ksuther), or anyone else who can program hacks. But Kent is a genius, so he must be first up for the job.

As for me, I don't know how to program hacks. :D

I have a friend who offered to make a metric time-system that would put times of the year in the same place each year(he's got nothing better to do) so that farmers also can use it.

Could someone make a metric time-calculator? So that you can f. ex. enter your age and get back your age in metric time...

xaq - LOL! You have so much new names! I have only three! :p

voice - You don't need a calculator. All the formulas are on the page. :)

Yeah, but you could make a calculator with the formulas and make mTs availible to the less mathematical...

Heh. I'll make one in Cocoa as soon as I learn C and Objective-C. Estimated time in mTS: One month. :p

This may sound rude, but it is not meaning to!

Originally posted by xaqintosh
no offense, but mine is infinitely better than xoot's, and I've been working on it for the past year and a half. I actually built a physicaly clock that works too, pictures to come soon...

here is XMT (XAQ metric Time)

http://homepage.mac.com/xenocytekron/XMT.html

How much time did you waste to write that crap up? :D

voice - Well, there's no difference, except that the weekdays in a week have names.

xaq - Due to your metric time system, i'm gonna have to say no. It has too many new names. :)

Ok, i'm now gonna try to make a javascript converter. :p

Thank you. Please try the converter too. All the algorithms you need to port is here.

I am running out of memory. Expect a restart tomorrow. :(

Why did you invent mTS
I invented mTS for people who want to be different. If you are one of them, use this system. If you are not, that's ok, you can use the non-metric system.
from xoot's website

My system is even MORE different by the different names... Shouldn't that make i better? who cares how easy it is for the common people to adapt? this is for the non-conformists!

btw, who can help me program a (javascript) clock?

LOL xaq... i'll help you build the stupid clock. Just search for live clock on dynamicdrive.com. Then you can modify it to suit your algorithms.

mTS: For people who want to be different, but not too different. In the middle. :)

Back