multi button mouse for X recommendations

weric

Registered
can anyone recommend a decent multibutton mouse, not a trackball, for 10.1? one that preferably has drivers that work with 10.1. i tried a kensington optical but upon installing the drivers my computer started doing freaky things.

Right now, the only Mouse manufacturer with 10.1 drivers is Kensington. Try their new MouseWorks 1.1b1, it might solve your problems...

As far as Mice go, I really love the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. It's great, even if the 2 extra buttons don't work yet in OS X. The right click and scrollwheel work just fine. The mouse itself has the best feel of just about any multibutton mouse out there. Also, I would be MS will have drivers out for OS X soon. They are really on the ball with their OS X development.

Yep, this seems to be the only Mouse with fully programmable buttons -- for all 5!

The 10.0.4 OSX driver WILL NOT WORK with OSX 10.1 -- make sure you get the updated driver from their site, which came out a day after 10.1 -- quality service.

I luv this mouse (though it's hard keeping hold of it if you play QuakeIII Arena!);)

The new Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical is a good choice, even though I don´t Logitech have drivers for X yet!
You´ll get all buttons in games, but you can´t program them in X!

So should I buy an optical mutlibutton mouse for my mac or stick with my puck ? ;) have u been enlightened and mre productive with these mice ? r they cooler ? any links to see what they look like ?

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
So should I buy an optical mutlibutton mouse for my mac or stick with my puck ? ;) have u been enlightened and mre productive with these mice ? r they cooler ? any links to see what they look like ?

If you use contextual menus a lot, then you might find a multi-button mouse useful. Also, the scrollwheels these mice tend to have are _very_ nice for browsing long pages.

Of course, if you use X11 apps a multibutton mouse is practically mandatory...

I have a Macally iOptiNet mouse, it's 3-buttun (middle button is a scroll wheel) and I didn't install any drivers for it for MacOS X (not that I know if there are any) and it works fine! right-clicking worked in 10.0 and on, and the scroll wheel worked before w/in certain apps (and the MacOS X installer...weird) and now works in the Finder in X.1. BTW, I LOVE X.1, data CD burning is sooooooo easy! Everything is so fast! And I can still use my cube for anything and everything!

Witht the amount of posts you've done on this community --- YOU need that scrollwheel on your mouse!!!!!!

(Actually, I'm more worried about your keyboard!):p

Back