Multi-media Presentation Sync W/ Live Sequence

ohmelas

Registered
Okay,

I'm probably on the wrong forum but you've surprised me here before. I'm using Digital Performer 4.0 to sequence songs that will be played back live as a band. I know that digital performer can import video from quick time however, I'm looking to do something a bit different and this is where you come in:

I want to video tape (DV) using my Mac several sequences of video from numerous locations. I want to take some scenic pictures of the band and the project playing the songs on a beach, in the woods, in the middle of a field and other neat places. I want to then synchronize those videos with the sequnces that we'll be playing live.

Question #1:How do I do this and with what software?

Lastly, once that information is edited and packaged just right I'd like to take it and project it on to screens behind the band with a projector. I see this as a simple concept but using only one powerbook I'd like to be able to use my sequencer while playing live and then a projector to play the video behind the band.

Question #2/#3 Can this be done and in what format should it be?

I'm a music guy and not a video guy.

Question#4Does anyone have any good suggested reading on this subject?

You can use iMovie. Import all your video and jpegs into iMovie and adjust their duration to suit the music (which you can also import). Then you can even save it to DVD for full-screen use. A Mac Titanium laptop would be a good choice to play it back. You can connect it directly to a projector.

Back