Multiple backups using iDisk

I haven't tried it, but it seems you could open your iDisk and use Tri-Backup or Data Backup to back your files up to different folders on the iDisk. I don't think Apple's backup utility could handle it and both of the ones I suggested will backup to a server. It would be slow and you would have to manually open and close the iDisk, or I suppose it would be possible to write an AppleScript to handle the opening and closing chores.

Thanks - I'll have a look at Tri-Backup and Data Backup. I've never explored Applescript, but maybe I should get into it.

Thanks - I've looked around the web at these and other backup programs, and it seems that Goliath (1.0.1), which apparently backs up to iDisk, should be perfectly adequate for my needs - and is freeware. However . . . I can't get it to work on either a G4 iMac or a G5, as whenever I enter my iDisk details, it unepectedly quits. I updated the OS on the iMac to 10.3.8, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas what's going wrong?

Problem sorted - Goliath 1.0.1 now works fine on my G5, and seems a good (+free) way to back up to one iDisk account from several computers.

Back