Multiple machine backups

vegas2timer

Registered
Hi guys,

I have taken over the MAC support for roughly 10 users, I have an external firewire drive and would like backups for each of the different machines in case they go down on there. I have tried a different software (superduper and CCC) but it seemed that i could only have one backup on the drive? How can i go about getting the different images on the single drive and how would I go about restoring the different backups on the different machines.

Thanks in advance

V

Install a bootable system on your external disk, or use an installation cd to boot from.

Then you can use "Disk Utility" to both create images of your computers, and also to restore the disks from your images. Works like a charm, no other software necessary.

I've been using this method for the circa 100 Mac's we had at my old job, and it's really fast. We used three hard drives, and booted off the installation cd's for Panther. 8 GB restored in about eight minutes, so a full 22 Mac classroom was restored in about one hour!

Cheers mate,

I have now installed OSX on my firewire drive which i can boot off perfectly.
I clicked on 'New Image' in Disk utility and set the size I wanted but it didn't ask me what i wanted to make the image of? am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

V

Back