Music apps

fiskwhisk

Registered
Hi,

I use Reason to create drum/basslines for my music. I used to use audiodesk for all my audio recording stuff - but that's MacOs9 only and doesn't do rewire. What do people think is the best sequencer/audio recording software (for OSX). I've got a Motu 828 but I don't think they have brought out an OSX version of digital performer. I logic really worth it. What about ableton Live 2 (I know that does multitrack recording). What else is there? I'm looking for something around (and preferebly below) the £400 level. Also does any one know when stanton's final scratch will be released for OSX? They've released the Linux version - is it any good?

Thanks

Kieron

I would wait for DPX if i were you. You already got Audiodesk wich will get you a very nice upgrade price when DPX ships. All the other music apps in X suck accept Ableton and Reason for now. The problem is that Cubase sx and logic are 60% useable in X at this time. No vst support in Logic in X. Cubase very unstable. No third pro party plugins (audio units) yet for X.

Michael
Spectrasound

Back